The IPMA-SCP exam is based on 20 HR Competencies — these are the same competencies upon which the Developing Competencies for HR Success (DCHRS) course is based. If you have questions, please contact IPMA-HR (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 703/549-7100 for further instructions.
Please review the IPMA-SCP Prerequisites:
To be eligible for the IPMA-SCP certification, your experience must be considered at the professional/managerial level and be considered exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). You must meet one of the following education/experience prerequisites:
- A graduate-level degree and 2 years of HR experience, including 1 year in public sector HR.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of HR experience, including 1 year in public sector HR.
- An Associate's degree and 6 years of HR experience, including 1 year in public sector HR.
- No degree and 8 years of HR experience, including 1 year in public sector HR.
Congratulations on choosing to become certified! Your examination access will expire (deactivate) 45 days after the date of receipt (for your specific expiration day and time please see "My Courses") — expired logins will not be reactivated. Additional logins are available for purchase (additional fee required).
- IPMA-SCP Exam
- IPMA-SCP Exam Declaration
- IPMA-SCP Exam
- IPMA-SCP Completion Survey
- What's Next (contains information about the IPMA-SCP application process.)
To Avoid Connection Interruptions:
- Please be sure to use a durable laptop/desktop computer (versus a notebook/pad).
- A hard-wired Ethernet connection is better than a Wi-Fi internet connection.
- If using Wi-Fi (we do not recommend), please limit other Wi-Fi users (we recommend only 1 user).
- Minimize (or shut off completely) other browsers and items running on your computer to avoid bandwidth issues.
- Avoid taking the exam while connected to VPN access (working remotely) as that can cause issues.
- Chrome 60 or greater
- Firefox 52 or greater
- Edge 14 or greater
- Safari 10 or greater
- iOS 10 or greater
- Always use the most current version.
- CAUTION: Internet Explorer 11 while using Windows 7 is not recommended since that does not support modern web design.
The exam is closed book (outside help or test collaboration is not allowed) consisting of 85 multiple-choice questions; you have 3 hours to complete the exam (must be completed in one sitting). An extra 5 minutes has been added so you can submit your exam (you must submit right at 3 hours -- please be mindful of the time limit)
- There will be 10 questions per page (nine pages - fives questions on page 9).
- You can expand the test page by dragging on the bottom right corner.
- To advance to the previous or next question within the page, you may drag the “scroll bar” located on the right-hand side up or down.
- At the end of each page, there will be a "Next" button.
- After the first page, there will be a "Previous" button.
- A timer can be found on the far right bottom corner.
- "Submit" button on last page
- IMPORTANT: You must complete your test and submit your exam before the time limit expires.
- An extra 5 minutes has already been added (see above) so you can submit your exam (you must submit right at 3 hours -- please be mindful of the time limit).
- If you do not submit your exam before the time limit expires, your exam will not be saved and it will not be retrievable at a later time (test will have to be retaken).
- You will be prompted of any unanswered questions before the exam is submitted.
- If time permits and you have more than 5 minutes remaining on the clock (please be cautious with your time), you can click on the "Cancel" button and go back to complete unanswered questions.
- If you are finished and have answered all questions (unanswered questions will be marked incorrect), you can click on the "Ok" button.
- You will be prompted with a "pass" or a "did not pass" status along with your score.
- Please jot down your status and score for your records.
- Then click "Ok" and complete the IPMA-SCP Completion Survey (See Next Tab).